IDye Poly is for synthetic fibers such as polyester and nylon. It even works on some plastics - buttons, frisbee discs, 3D printed objects, dolls and more! The dye comes in a dissolvable packet, so there are never any messy powders to handle: simply drop the packet in a pot of water, add your fabric and bring to the boil. iDye Poly may also be used for sublimation printing techniques and to dye the polyester threads that are used to sew commercially manufactured garments.Suitable for:
100% polyester, nylon, high% polyester mix, polyester-cotton mix, some plastic and more!
100% polyester & nylon use.
For 100% natural fabrics, use iDye Fabric Dye.
For polyester blends use iDye and the corresponding colour of iDye Poly.
Each packet of iDye Poly will dye 2 - 3lb (1 - 1.3kg) of dry weight fabric.
Please also note that fabric salt is not required when dyeing 100% Polyester or Nylon fabrics.
IDYE POLY INSTRUCTIONS
- for 100% natural fabrics use iDye
- for 100% polyester & nylon use iDye Poly
- for polyester blends use iDye and the corresponding colour of iDye Poly
For best results:
- Read entire instructions before beginning
- Prewash garment to remove any sizings, softeners or finishes
- Use the stove top method for dark colours (black, brown or olive) or very intense colours (bright yellow, reds)
- Use the stove top method for iDye Poly and polyester blends
- Use constant agitation for uniform colour
Note: utensils and pot for dyeing should not be used for food.
Stove Top Method For 100% Polyester and Nylon:
1. Fill a stainless steel or enamel pot with just enough water for the fabric to move freely.Turn heat on high.
2. Add the iDye Poly soluble dye packet and the iDye Colour Intensifier to the water and stir until dissolved.
3. Add pre-wetted garments or fabric and bring to a rolling boil. Maintain temperature and stir frequently for ½ to 1 hour. For uniform colour, use constant agitation.
4. Wash the garment with a mild detergent and dry.
Stove Top Method for Polyester and Nylon Blends with Natural Fibres:
1. Choose iDye Poly colour closest to the iDye for natural fabrics you are dyeing.
2. Fill a stainless steel or enamel pot with just enough water for the fabric to move freely. Turn on to high heat.
3. Add iDye Poly, iDye Colour Intensifier, and iDye to the water and stir until dissolved.
4. Add garments/fabric and bring to a boil.
5. Add 1 cup (237 ml) of fabric salt for cotton, linen and rayon or a third of a cup (78 ml) of white vinegar for silk. Avoid pouring directly onto fabric.
6. Maintain a rolling boil and stir frequently for ½ to 1 hour. For uniform colour use constant agitation.
7. Gradually cool the fabric and wash with a mild detergent and dry.
We start processing your order without delay and will normally send it to you by same day dispatch if ordered by 1pm. UK orders are usually received within 2-3 business days following dispatch. Mainland European and Southern Ireland orders are sent by International Standard mail and are generally received in under 7 days. Worldwide orders to other destinations outside the UK are normally sent by International Economy mail unless otherwise agreed.
You must inform us within seven working days of receipt if the goods are lost or damaged in transit so that we can make a prompt claim against the delivery company and correct the problem. It is the responsibility of the customer to provide the correct delivery address. Undelivered goods which are correctly addressed are assumed lost after 30 days following dispatch, at which time a full refund will be paid. Please quote your order number in all correspondence.
The Dye Shop, its employees, and carriers are not responsible for any additional loss or damage beyond the value of the ordered products of any kind sustained by any person as a result of purchasing its products.
Shipping & Handling
Shipping and Handling is Free on all Orders.
Your rights to return goods are protected under the EU Distance Selling Directive.
You are entitled to cancel your order and return the goods within 14 working days for a full refund, including the cost of delivery. Do this by contacting us by email or telephone and quoting the order number supplied to you. Your refund will be paid within 30 days. You are responsible for the cost and risk of loss or damage when returning the goods, so you should ensure that they are securely packaged and take out adequate postal insurance to cover their value. This cancellation policy does not affect your rights when we are at fault - for example, if goods are faulty.
Any goods returned should reach us in saleable condition.